Sometimes I feel like I live in a little bubble on the farm and, to be honest, I am quite happy about it.
We don’t often get to take days out as a family but that makes them all the more special when we do.
I have come up with five places I would like to visit.
1. Leamington Spa. For no other reason that I think it sounds like a nice place. I have no idea if it is. I have an image of people sitting around, drinking tea from china cups and eating lamingtons (which, according to Google are Australian but this is my fantasy so let me have it). I need to go and see if this is true.
2. Ludlow. I have been to Shrewsbury and Ludlow is not far. It used to be where the Prince of Wales used to reside in Tudor times and where Prince Arthur went to live with Catherine of Aragon. I have read loads of Tudor history books and I have always wanted to go. The castle is still there I think and apparently there is a lovely market there too.
3. London. I haven’t been to our capital for years. I would love to take Boo to Buckingham Palace because, after they learnt about the Queen at school last year, she is always talking about her and princesses and castles. I know she would love to visit and, so would I.
4. Harrogate. I have never been to Harrogate and, it looks like such a beautiful place that I am itching to go. I think we could do it in a day from where we live so maybe that can be next on the list.
5. Yorkshire Dales. I know the Dales is a vast area bt having read about the Yorkshire Shepherdess, Amanda Owen and watching the Yorkshire Vet avidly, I have really grown fond of the quaint bricked villages, stone walls and bleak landscape. I suppose it would be a busman’s holiday for us with all of those sheep but I think we would all enjoy it.
Where would you like to go?