Last week, I wrote 5 reasons why it is easier to go to work than stay at home with babies so I thought I would do a counter post.
While I had a little moan last week, I would much, much rather be at home and this is why.
1. You are your own boss. The only person you have to answer to can’t actually speak (yet) and your deadlines are feeds, naps and play. I can cope with that.
2. You can shop in the week. I know this might seem like a small, insignificant thing but have you been to a supermarket at weekend? It is like Christmas. Every. Week. Shopping in the week is a much more civilised affair.
3. If you want, you can do nothing. Have a film day, have a nap when the baby sleeps. You never do but the option is there.
4. The only commute is the school run and even then, it is short and you get school holidays off. When I think how long I used to spend waiting for trains or sitting on the
motorway car park, I thank my lucky stars.
5. I never miss a school event-nativity play, carol concert and I will never take that for granted. Had I been at work, I would have had to take a holiday or miss it.
As I said last week, in many respects, it is easier going to work but I am so very grateful that I had the choice to stay at home.
I know many mums would love to spend more time with their children but cannot afford to do so.
I never get to have soup for lunch and I never get a hot drink but I get to spend time with these two beauties and that is the best salary I could have ever hoped for.