All parents will tell you the holy grail of parenting is getting your little ones in bed and keeping them there. I have therefore come up with my fail safe plan.
These are the rules of our house.
1. No chain flushing in the bathroom after bedtime.
2. Any tap use must be kept to an absolute minimum-wet the toothbrush. That is it.
3. Anything else must be done in the dark or by the light of your phone.
4. At the top of the stair, do a crazy step over thing to avoid the creaky floor board.
5. If you’ve suffered particularly bad bedtimes recently or they’ve been waking at 4am and they suddenly sleep through the night, do EVERYTHING the same the next night. From what they ate for tea to the pyjamas they wore to the amount of kisses you gave them.
6. Dont just turn the lights off, keep hold of the button for the maximum amount of time so it doesn’t click loudly.
So there you are. Follow these rules and you will not go wrong.
What would you add?