It may be early December but we are on full Christmas countdown here now and for me, that means one thing.
Here is my top 5.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol. I made this number one for a reason. It has been my favourite since I was young myself. The sound of Tiny Tim singing ‘After all there’s Only One More Sleep ‘Till Christmas,’ the little mice begging for cheeses, I still love it just as much.
- Elf. Another modern classic. No one can take away from the enthusiasm Will Ferrel brings to this film. If you don’t get excited after watching Elf, quite frankly, there is something wrong with you.
- The Holiday. Obviously one for the adults but it is lovely to settle down on the sofa with the lights off, the Christmas lights on and a festive tipple or two.
- The Snowman. We have to watch the Snowman on Christmas Eve. It is the law.
- Santa Clause the Movie. It is an oldie but a classic. I love the jolly red face of Mrs Clause. I love the adorable Dudley Moore and the song at the end is so uplifting.
What’s your favourite Christmas movie?