This week, I really fancied stuffing with my Sunday dinner but we had none of the packet variety in so I decided to try and make my own.
I recently visited the Mornflake factory in Crew. You can read about it here and we had some Oatbran in the cupboard. Being full of a cold and a bit lazy, I couldn’t be bothered to make bread crumbs so I thought Mornflake oatbran would do.
As I was chopping the onion though, the stuffing was forgotten and I decided, on a whim, to make burgers. I have no idea where that train of thought came from but the burgers turned out very well so I thought I would share the recipe.
- (Makes 4 small burgers).
- Half and onion
- 4 tbsp. Mornflake Oatbran
- 1 clove of garlic
- I tsp. English mustard
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 ounce Cheshire Cheese, grated
- 6 green olives
- Dried herbs of your choice-I used sage
- 1 tbsp. Ketchup
- Finely chop the onion. Grated is best but I couldn't find the grater so I chopped it very finely with the garlic.
- Put it in a bowl with all of the other ingredients and mix.
- Put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into four, small patties and shallow fry with a lid on the pan for five minutes each side or, until golden.