Jump to recipe
You must know by now that I am the queen of making easy meals look really hard or passing shop-bought items off as my own, just by a little fine tweaking.
This is where my recipe for Easy Family Meatballs comes into it own.
I am showing you the vegetarian version made with Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs but Hubster and Boo had a meat version so you can do either.
As always, add what you like to the recipe-mushroom, chilli-any veg which you can chop finely. This is especially great if you have kids who don’t like veg.
Easy Family Meatballs with Quorn
- Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs
- 1 onion
- Knob of butter
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 3 table spoons double cream
- 1 table spoon chilli pesto
- Parmesan cheese
- Parsley to garnish
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Fry in the butter until soft.
- Add the jar of sauce and allow to simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti and meatballs according to pack instructions.
- Drain spaghetti
- Add the sauce to the drained spaghetti and the cream and stir through.
- At this point, I take Boo's portion out so it is a bit cooler and add the chilli pesto.
- If using ordinary pesto, put it in before but Boo isn't a fan of hot food.
- Serve and sprinkle the cheese and parsley.
- If like me, you make a meat and vegetarian version of the dish, I toss the meatballs into the spaghetti on the plates.
- If you just make one version, toss them in the pan.
© 2023 Copyright of www.farmerswifeandmummy.com