I love bread and butter pudding and have played around many times with brioche, raisin bread and even panettone for Christmas.
Whatever the season or occasion, you can adapt your recipe and here is my Easter offering.
Perfect for family get togethers on Easter Sunday.
Hot Cross Bread and Butter Pudding
- 6 hot cross buns
- Chocolate spread
- 410g tin of evaporated milk (or double cream)
- 3 eggs
- Cream or ice cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Slice the hot cross buns in two
- Spread with butter and chocolate spread
- Replace buns back together and slice each bun in half again
- Arrange in oven proof dish
- Whisk the eggs and add the milk or cream
- Mix again and pour over the hot cross buns
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Then take the foil off and bake again for 10-20 minutes. Keep checking to see if the milky-eggy mixture is set.
© 2023 Copyright of www.farmerswifeandmummy.com
My husband would love this, he loves bread and butter pudding and this is a great twist
This looks absolutely incredible. I love bread pudding, but…this looks even better.
Oh wow bread and butter pudding is my fave and love this Easter take on it. Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays