This is my second year of doing a New Year goals list. Last year, I made seven goals and I achieved five of them.
I did not lose 40 pounds and my sweat peas died. Rather than focus on the negative though, I learnt to crochet and have made countless granny squares. I started a veg patch, got the boys sleeping in the same room and used my big camera more.
The redecorating of my room nearly didn’t happen but a week before Christmas, the tropical green wall was finally changed to white and it became my little haven again. That is when I removed all of the diggers and dinosaurs from under my pillow.
So what do I want to achieve this year?
1. Lose 40 pounds. I know. I didn’t gain any weight last year so that is something but I was 40 in October so that is something but the baby is three in March so I am afraid blaming the bulge on baby weight is not going to wash any more.
2. Complete couch to 5k. I am a bit frightened about this one. I haven’t done any running since we’ll before having my second child.
3. Finish a crochet project. I made loads of little things last year and started lots of blankets but didn’t really finish any. I have started a blanket for our bed but it is a super king so I don’t know if I am being a bit ambitious. I suppose it is worth a try.
4. Get more ducks. I have been banned from any more chickens. The farmer did not say ducks. My first job is to either build or buy (or both if it is flat pack) a duck house. I need to know they are safe on the pond at night. I would also prefer young ducks rather than ducklings. They really are delightful creatures.
4. Have more goat babies and pure-bred Ryeland and Romney lambs. In a way this goal is out of my hands. I am hoping the sheep are pregnant. Time will tell.
5. Have another article published. I was a journalist for many years and, since finishing (paid) work when I had the first boy, I have had two articles published in proper magazines. I would love to get back into this this year and I think one is a sensible target.
6. Continue reading. In 2019, I read 16 books. I think this is probably achievable again in 2020 but I am not going to get too hung up on numbers and I do not want to put any pressure on myself to read any more. 12-16 would be lovely.
7. Declutter the house. I think we all have too much stuff and I readily admit that I am a hoarder. Every time I try to declutter, I chant “be ruthless” in my head. I need to stick to this. One room at a time.
Have you made any goals for the New Year?